Short report
I'm sitting here, sweating. The AC is in Kindred's room, and while he sleeps I don't have use of it. That isn't too terrible. The house isn't that hot. But the computer is in the closet, and the halogen lamp heats the joint up a bit. I am sitting at the computer having promised myself that I would just sit for a few minutes because I have loads of other things to do, and then I got, well, stuck.
(I have these baby blogs I check out. (See the sidebar "Pregnancy and Baby Blogs.") I don't really understand the "Blog Culture" yet. It feels so strange that I can just click click click and find out about all these people's lives, even to the point where I am laughing and relating and feeling like I've known them for years even though they live in Australia and we've never ever met nor will we. But I get anxious sometimes to find out how women are handling their pregnancy, or what their new babies look like, etc. It really sucks you in. And then the awkward part comes when you really want to comment, but you wonder how they will feel about you piping up about their situation when they have no idea who you are. I haven't figured that one out yet. I think I would love to know if there is someone keeping up with my blogs whom I've never met who gets a kick out of looking at amusing pictures of Kindred or reading about how I am doing in the heat.)
So I got sucked into baby blogs, and an hour later covered in sweat and all weepy, I realize it's time to close up shop and get to my day.
Anyway, so Kindred and I are going to a "Baby Signing" class today at 1:30pm, a really bad time for his schedule. It falls right at the end of his nap, and he usually gets lunch after he wakes up. I thought, well, I'll just get him up early and nap him early. Yeah right. He seems to sense any time I make those sort of get-him-up-early plans, because he undoubtedly wakes up yelling several times in the night for no apparent reason except that he just doesn't want to be asleep. Last night at 10:30pm, he's not hot, he's not cold, he's not stinky. He's just bored of being in bed. BOOOOORING, MAMA! Let's play! He finally fell back asleep a the big storm was starting. He can't sleep through his parent's talking, but BOOMING thunder, no sweat. (He calls thunder "fa-fur.") So we'll see how this class goes. I think he'll enjoy it. We taught him the "Eensy Weensy Spider" song with the motions and he is getting it, so we'll see what else we can learn at this class.
So now I must shower and get the ickyness off, gather lunch snacks, and as Kindred would say, "Go go go!"

3 Comments:
You should comment! Everyone loves getting a comment on their blog (and if they don't, well, they should just turn comments off) and it's nice to know people are reading.
Forgot to say thinks for the mention and the sidebar link.
I didn't get to the computer yesterday, I just love Kindred looking at his belly button. I can't wait to teach him some songs too...it won't be too long now! I love your artwork, I can't wait for you to do "your work" on our small wall in our house. Keep the blogs coming, even if they are short, I love it. Love, Carol/Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home