The Fall, briefly
Fall used to be a sentimental time for me. That whole "going back to school" feeling. But I've grown out of that feeling and it has been replaced by other memories and experiences. Our road trip carries a lot of my seasonal memories.For instance, when it is a cloudy and very windy autumn day, I find myself transported back to Kansas. When it is damp and humid, yet still a little chilly, I remember Portland.
Then there are other experiences, further back. When it smells outside like October, I remember the March of the Americas, when I was a part of a group of poor and homeless folks and their advocates who walked from Washington, DC, to the United Nations in NYC during the whole month of October in 1999 to present documentation of Human Rights Violations done to the poor in the US.
Those are my strongest affilliations with Fall. I am glad I live in a place that has seasons. I often feel a little sad for folks who don't (although I am envious, when I'm sweltering or freezing, of their middle temps!).
In other news, Rose and Justin got married yesterday. Can you believe it? (You can see Rose here. She's next to Justin in the little video halfway down the page on the right.) It was a lovely Autumn wedding. Congratulations to the Donner-McCullough's! (Or "McDonners," as other might prefer to call them.)

2 Comments:
Michelle, Thanks for the thoughts. Thanks for the picture. It is great. love you moma
Rose, if you ever read this...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home