Time Management
The time is now after midnight. I have realized pretty thoroughly that I am a poor time manager. I spent the day like this: Woke up at 6am when my husband groaned his way out of the warm bed and into our chilly room (we haven't allowed ourselves the luxury of heat yet) to deliver his father to the train station. Then I woke myself and groaned out of bed so that I could try to get to work a little early. Washed the coffee pot and made coffee, totally ahead of time, and heard the kids laughing with each other in their room. I hate to leave for the day without seeing them, so I went upstairs to find them singing about hugging things. I sang too for a minute, and then a few more minutes, and before I knew it I was late for work. Crap. Anyway, so I did work, running home briefly for lunch, then stayed late because I had to talk with my supervisor who had called to bail out on 2 meetings we were to attend tomorrow together and give me a morale boost (the ol' "I believe in you" speech), and then I had to call and ream out an attorney and real estate agent who had somehow allowed one of my clients' homes to nearly get "locked up and winterized" with him napping inside. Came home to a waffle with homemade apple compote dinner, and then took the rowdy kids downstairs to search for items in the basement to complete their Halloween costumes. Then back upstairs for a rowdy bath, and separate rooms to sleep. I came back to the basement to complete the costumes, then went upstairs to take a long shower, then cleaned the kitchen, and scoop myself a little bit of vanilla ice cream and hang out with my blog. And it's midnight.
(I wonder how on earth people manage to have shows that they watch on TV consistently.)
Anyway, about the Halloween costumes. You will have to wait with bated breath to see the final outcomes tomorrow, but I will say that although the costumes are fun, and exactly what the children have been saying for the past 3 weeks they want to dress up as, they are rather makeshift. I refuse to put tons of time into an outfit that my surly and sometimes stubborn children might, when the time comes, adamantly protest the approach of such a thing coming anywhere near their body. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping for at least a few good pictures.
Must go to bed. Fingers freezing, eyes closing.
ps- Please go check out Michael's blog. (The picture of Elias on the pony makes me want to sit here all day staring at it.) Check his blog frequently-- he has some really fun updates on the kids since he's home with them all the time now.

2 Comments:
I think your time management skills are better than mine. You are pretty disciplined, except when it comes to singing with your babes in the morning. :) I think you get a lot done in a day and anyway it's hard to type when your fingers are cold. Can't wait to see the costumes, even if you have to just hold them up for the camera, but hopefully they will consent to get into them. Love you muchly. Moma
You're gonna be okay. You're doing a good job. Hugs.
Post a Comment
<< Home