Saturday, April 29, 2006

Walks and Playmates


I can't get enough of this kid. We have been taking walks and playing outside (aht-tide) every day, and it's been a fabulous Spring to do it. We walked the other day to a park where we watched the dogs play and run around. We sit out on the curb and wait for "dada" to come home from work and wave to buses and trucks. (Sometimes they wave back.)


"Mama, why are we stopping? Let's go already."



Kindred and I were called upon to babysit for a friend the other day, so we gladly went and spent the morning with little Jack, who is about 5 months old. Jack is a beautiful baby with these gorgeous blue eyes and amazing dimples. Kindred and Jack do little else than laugh at each other. They are fabulous playmates. Watching them together makes me so much calmer and even excited about seeing how Kindred will do as a big brother. He's really caring, for a toddler. Check out the moments below:


"Jack, you dropped your pacifier. Here you go. Nah, I don't want it. It's yours. Why are you laughing?"

"No seriously, this thing is the best. I'm only telling you because it's true. That red block just won't be as satisfying. Why won't you take it?"


"See, Jack, the green ring can fit right on here, even though it isn't really supposed to. Try it."
"Wow, Kindred. You think of the coolest stuff."


"Kindred might be right about the pacifier, but I'm not in the mood to be subdued."


"Jack, this is your arm. Wanna go outside? There are some things out there I think you might really like to look at."


"Mama, can Jack and me go outside?"


"I brought over the ball I really like to chew on. Here, Jack, try it."


"And that's what happens when you drop it. It rolls. It's OK. Mama will get it."

5 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh they are both adorable! And I love your commentary! Miss you all!

 
At 5/04/2006 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and um . . . yeah, I think I should call you guys soon and talk about the CO idea. You can read about it on my live journal or I can call you tomorrow or whenever. Hope to talk to you soon!

 
At 5/04/2006 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean about not getting enough of this kid! Only it's worse!!! Poor me. Kindred will make a fantastic big brother. Jack and he are adorable, and Kindred is a great little buddy. Very attentive. So cute.
Glad your computer is working.
Love to you guys, mom

 
At 5/04/2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever have doubts about Kindred being a great big brother? Of course he will!!!! How cute. Keep those blogs coming. I can't wait to see you both. Did you see when aunt t posted her comments? Why the girl doesn't sleep!! Enough, I love you lots and lots. Mom/Carol

 
At 5/05/2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my live journal!! Yeah, it's something I'm considering, but I'm not going to decide for a while. Hope you guys are good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home