Just More Questions
1) Below is a picture of our tomatoes-- 3 plants. They are nearly as tall as me. I have a few questions specifically about them. First, if they are almost as tall as me, and they have like 25 gorgeous tomatoes on them, why are they not turning red? Green, every single one of them. Isn't it about time for ripening? Second, why would someone want to weedwhack these lovely things?

2) Why do all of the jewels fall out of my nose studs within 2 weeks of putting them into my nose? When will Claire's learn that their products are deficient? (Or better yet, when will I learn to stop buying them from Claire's and find someplace that sells adequate ones?)
3) Is there a special room in Hades where people have weights strapped on the front of their bodies while they are forced to wash dishes every moment for all eternity? If so, I have arrived. (Or perhaps a better question might be, what can be learned from the experience of finding oneself spending a lot of time with hands buried in hot soapy water and repeating a circular scrubbing motion over and over again? Is there some redemption in this?)
3a) Who invented the dish wand, and how can I contact that person to thank them?
4) Why is my upstairs neighbor so childish, and sometimes downright mean? (I know the obvious answer might seem to be "She's a cop," but I'm trying to search for a deeper explanation.)
5) Why is music not a more central part of my daily life? Can one have too much NPR?
6) Can a pregnant woman ever do enough Kegels?
7) Can I please go to bed?

5 Comments:
I'll just answer one of your questions because it is very late. Hm, will an answer be a question? Did you fertilize the soil all during the stages of growth? Are the tomatoe plants getting enough light? Are they still there, or were they weed wacked? Enjoy your day tomorrow, and please use paper products for the rest of your pregnancy. It beats washing dishes!!!!! Good night. Love, Carol
Patience my dear. They will turn red soon. (And they'll all turn at the same time and you'll be complaining that you have too many tomatoes to deal with!)
-Chrissy
i know exactly what you mean about the jewels in the nose studs. sielo on south street is NOT an adequate place to get studs - the jewels fall out in a matter of days. maybe gorilla glue is the answer...
rose
My tomatoes were doing the same stay-green nonsense. Unamused, I hit up a local gardener with lovely red ones growing in her yard. She said the trick is in how much you water. Specifically, she said tomatoes like to dry out between waterings, and if you water without letting the soil get dry first, they will be slow to turn red. BUT then when you do water, they need a thorough soaking. Tried it, and they started turning a couple days later. Could be coincidence. But the theory will be much more scientific if you try it and get the same results!
What a handsome boy you have! Do you know what baby #2 is?
Our tomato crop failed this year. Could be the scorching heat. Or that I kept forgetting to water. Shhhh...
I thought I was the only one to wonder about eternal dish washing in hell! And laundry at this stage in pregnancy is about as fun as rolling around in an ant bed.
Post a Comment
<< Home