Sunday, June 10, 2007

Miracle of Miracles and The Tattooed Pop-Pop

They are all asleep.

All of them.

Every male person who occupies my apartment, snoozing away. Clearly a miracle. So I'm going to sit and read my bookclub selection after I post this blog. (Bookclub meets tomorrow night and I'm on page, let's see, 14. Oh goody. I'll let you know if I should even bother going.) And maybe I'll fold some laundry.

I'm officially sorry I haven't been posting. I haven't felt very inspired. It's hard to imagine me not having material to write about. I have ooddles of it. I have children. But what I don't have oodles of is time. Or anyone to clean my apartment. So I chip away at the overwhelming mess and wish for sleep in the midst of my everyday work. When I get to the computer, I look at available real estate. But I feel like I've finally exhausted the list of homes for sale in our price range and in the area we are looking for, so that search should take up less of my computer time. In any case, I will try to get back in the swing. Please forgive the delay.

So on to more interesting items in the agenda for today's post: PopPop's tattoo. PopPop is a die-hard Yankees fan. (Aren't we all?) And to prove his dedication to such a fine team of athletes, he, a retired Baptist minister, showed up at our house last week with the team logo displayed proudly on his upper arm. He shocked us further by announcing unabashedly that he wished for Kindred to follow in his footsteps. I caught this footage on film; a rare appearance of the upper arms of two burly baseball fans.






And here is Elias, crawling guy that he has happily become, in his favorite forbidden place: the kitchen. (God only knows what he'll find on the floor in there.)


I used to post lots of pictures of Kindred in his high chair. I thought I would do it again, because the other day I noticed how giant he looks in the thing nowadays. His feet dangle from the bottom. If we didn't have such a small table, and if his defiance didn't take major hold of him during mealtimes, I would say we should move him to a booster. But for now he'll just have to crowd into the high chair. My huge little guy.




5 Comments:

At 6/10/2007 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pop-Pop didn't tell Ga-Ga that he did the Yankee tattoo! Hm, it seems as if Ga-Ga will have to take Kindred aside when he is here and review "Lets Go Mets" with him! Thanks for the post, can't wait to see Elias crawl. Love, Carol

 
At 6/10/2007 9:56 PM, Blogger lara said...

kindred really is giant, and as his face is thinning out, he is looking more like you all the time.

 
At 6/11/2007 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture of Kindred looking at his tattoo is adorable! He is such a handsome little guy. =)

 
At 6/11/2007 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard about the tatoos. Cuter to see them, though. *giggle*

 
At 6/11/2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed you and yours. hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home