This just might be...
...the night my computer breathes its last. While working on it last night, I had to shut it down and restart four times. (Weird power flicker followed by screen wackiness followed by frozeness.) It is inevitable I suppose. This thing is old. It's a iMac G3, Tangerine. It was funky and awesome when we first got it; it went around the country with us. Then Michael moved on and got himself a fancy-pants laptop. But this old piece of plastic and complicated aging insides is still something I treasure, as it facilitates, often, my connection to the outside world. To lose it will be sad. I dream of technology upgrades, but the fact that we need a serious upgrade to our heating system-- which is working now, but claims a 50-60% efficiency rating-- probably trumps the computer.
(Brace for continued woes.)
Oh, and the electrical system upgrade. (I've been quite concerned about the infrequent popping noises coming from the lights. Fire is not remotely taken lightly by me nowadays.)
(Not done yet.)
Not to mention that I got my notice this morning that my health insurance was revoked as of the 15th.
So no new fancy-pants computer for me.
All this to say that if I disappear for an extended time, this might be the reason. Keep all fingers crossed.

3 Comments:
got my fingers and toes crossed. i know the pain of computer woes.
Well, Meeshe, if you go underground I sure will miss you! Your posts ALWAYS make me laugh and this is really the only way I keep in touch with you! I suppose with the holidays and all, it'll be February before we know it! Happy Thanksgiving if I don't "see" you before that!
How can they just revoke your insurance? What the heck is wrong with this country?
OK, I'm obviously a little sensitive on this particular issue right now. I'm feeling for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home