Thanksgiving trouble
I got to sleep in on Thanksgiving morning. It was scrumptious. I didn't haul out of bed until about 9:45am when Michael came in telling me he had to leave. He had sold a Thanksgiving tofu turkey meal and had to deliver it to the buyer. He'd left the children downstairs, happily eating pancakes at the table. I assisted him in proofreading his invoice and re-heating instructions. From upstairs I could hear the sound of the boys giggling together over their breakfast. Soon, however, the giggles turned into hysterical laughter. Now, some might think this is good-- a sign how nicely the boys are getting along together. As a seasoned mom of little boys, I know better. Laughing out loud and hard for that long means I could wish that they were simply making funny faces at each other, but I know something destructive is happening. I went downstairs and found Kindred under the table, and Elias standing in front of the dishwasher, making art, as he had all over the kitchen:

7 Comments:
Did you have him help you clean it up? Sometimes that helps with them not doing something like that again. It reminds me of Aunt T "painting" the walls purple in our house while I took Michael for a piano lesson! It's not only little boys, it's girls too. Yes, he is too cute. Can't leave kids alone too long, they get very creative...it seems as if Elias has the creative gene in him. Miss you. Love, Carol
Oh my. Just, oh my.
Carol, sadly you can not always leave adults alone with sharpies either, as I learned with my husband in our old house.
I think IT is a beautiful art arrangement.
dad
That's not so bad. At least he didn't do the floor. Just think if he had had more time. ha Too cute, yes indeedy! love mom
OOOOH! OOOH! Been there, cleaned that. Use a Magic Eraser. It really works without stripping anything. Of course you'll have to do it but Elias can suffer by watching you. heh.
Ahaha, lovely last sentence! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home