Christmas Songs Still Ringing Out
I thought that I would want to keep my Christmas decorations up for a very long time because my living room looked so nice and clean and "themed." I was proud of myself. And then we did Christmas with my family over New Years weekend and when we came home I was SO tired of the decorations. So we pulled them down the following weekend and I felt relieved. Michael and I joked about listening to Christmas music for one last time while we put everything away. We laughed, but did not turn it on.
Turns out that we still haven't had that "one last time." The boys are obsessed with two particular Christmas songs: Little Drummer Boy and Angels We Have Heard on High. While one "pa-rum-pum-pum-pums" the other "in excelsis deos". Kindred has had one of them on loop downstairs for the past 35 minutes. (He's having "play alone" time.) "GloooooOooooOooooOooooOooooRee-Ya" he repeats, over, and over and over and over.... When Elias asks me to sing it, or play it (on my ah-pod, as he puts it), he always asks for "GoOoOoOoO." It doesn't sound like "goo" when he asks; it's more like saying "good" and leaving off the ending. Their favorite versions of these tunes are both done by Josh Groban, which is not only tolerable, but somewhat amusing, as Kindred repeats all of Josh's little rifts and scoops in his otherwise traditional hymn-sound. However, I must say that if this trend continues for much longer, I might start going around making one of these faces:
hee hee.

2 Comments:
Thanks a lot Meesh!!!! I did laugh, however!
Oh yes. Christmas songs are still going strong around here. Mostly about a Camel Caravan and Mary Had A Little Boy (to the tune of Mary Had A Little Lamb).
Post a Comment
<< Home