Thursday, May 07, 2009

I'd Rather Be Stargazing

But it is raining. No stars. It is nearly 5:15am. I am awake, and have been since around 2am when Kindred came into my room quietly wailing about his nose running. He climbed into bed, fell asleep on my chest, and stayed there until an hour later when he rolled over into the crook of my elbow and continued to rest.

I was not resting. I was trying to figure out how to get comfortable in all of the 5 inches that remained on my side of our double bed. I never figured it out, and exited the bed with Kindred taking up then all of the remaining available space while I took an extra pillow to the office. But I still was not, am not, ready to rest. I mean, I'm ready. I'm probably a little delusional. (I just had a conversation with a big moth flying around the bathroom, imploring it to not fly anywhere near my head while I was stuck on the toilet, unable to adequately run or duck.) But up until this very minute, I wasn't sure I could actually fall back to sleep. But as the yawn escapes from my mouth, I am realizing it's time to give sleep a shot. (See? I'm sleepy! I just started the last three sentences with "but"! Hooray!) So instead of sharing endless ramblings about the biggest moth I have ever seen that was on the back of my bedroom door in a house I was staying in in Utah while the owners vacationed who had two large dalmations who lived in the basement that had access to the back yard through a sliding glass door that they never closed but there was no door separating the basement from the rest of the house so I had to chase out not only the huge moth, but also a bat and a few frogs during the span of the time that I stayed there, and come to think of it, I think I left the moth there, opened the window and left for work and it was gone when I came home, (pause for breath), I will lie down. Good, um, morning ?

5 Comments:

At 5/07/2009 10:45 AM, Blogger Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

ah, star-gazing.

 
At 5/07/2009 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that! haha
Stargazing is so nice. Hopefully we will have clear skies this weekend and you can do some. :)
love mom

 
At 5/08/2009 9:49 AM, Anonymous Lindsey said...

You should've kept the frogs. Pet frogs are great, and oh so exciting!

 
At 5/08/2009 9:52 AM, Blogger Aubrey said...

So, uh, what kind of dreams did ya have whilst you slept? Assuming you were able to get back to sleep...

 
At 5/10/2009 5:09 PM, Blogger lara said...

dag girl, if you have time to blog so much, then take a minute to call me please. hehe. i know you did, and i am sorry that i missed your call. i am just glad i can look at your blog and know that you (and your boys) are alive and well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home