A Bathtub Exchange
Elias peed his pants after dinner last night, and Kindred woke, crying "Heeelllllppp! Heeellllppp!" in his own wet bed, so it was an easy call to give the boys a good bubble bath scrub down this morning. (I had heard a noise a little before 6am and opened my eyes to see a smiling bright-eyed round face less than an inch from my own, thus Elias and I had been awake for some time. So putting Kindred straight into the bath was not far fetched.)
The boys know they aren't to stand up in the tub. Kindred rarely breaks this rule. He is far warmer in the water than out of it. Elias is my rebel. The bath had been going very well and the boys were playing with their respective boats when Elias ventured up into the cold. He lost his balance and landed on Kindred's head, causing Kindred's face to duck into the water. Kindred came up, coughing and sputtering and snotty. I admonished Elias, pointing out that because of his disobedience, Kindred had gotten hurt. I advised him to apologize.
"Sowry," he mumbled.
"Tell Kindred." I ordered.
"Sowry, Kindred, look Mommy I pour out a water!"
Kindred piped up. "Elias, you have to say 'Sorry for...that.'"
"Sowry for that."
"No, no Elias, I'll tell you. You have to say 'Sorry for THAT.'"
"Sowry for VAT!"
"Elias! No! 'Sorry for getting water up your nose.'"
Elias pointed to his nose, confused. "No there water in my nose."
Kindred sighed but was still determined. "Elias. You have to say 'Kindred, I'm sorry for falling on your head and making you get water up nose.' Like that."
Elias, finally clear, "Kindred, I say sowry for you getting water in your nose."
Kindred replied cheerfully, "That's OK!"
Goofs.

6 Comments:
You are teaching them well. Yes, they are goofs! Love to you all, Carol
I love when Bella teaches Ava. It is hilarious!
Your boys are awesome. Goofy kids are happy kids, no?
I just love those little guys!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sort of a naked baby verion of the "Who's on First" routine from Abbott & Costello
I love it! They are so much fun.
-C
Post a Comment
<< Home