Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Pictures to brighten the weary eyes

Elias is fantastic. Just sitting and holding him is so calming and soothing. He's a good baby.
He is beginning to look more like Kindred since his face and features are filling out, but he definitely has his own look. He's got his daddy's little dimple. I love that.

I got my new Moby Wrap! Hooray! I love it, and Elias apparently does too. I am excited to use it expecially when Kindred is up and about and I don't have anywhere that I can put Elias so that he's safe while I cook or just turn my back. (So there's a question for everyone. Any great ideas for where I can stick Elias so he doesn't feel banished to my bedroom everytime Kindred is awake and I need my hands free? Our apartment is too small for a playpen on the livingroom for Kindred or for me to put the carseat/ bouncy seat anywhere up high where Kindred can't pull it right down.)

Oh, this is just Anna and I laughing.

My mom just left after staying with us for 2 weeks which was a huge help, but she and I worked on my new belly cast while she was here. I really love it. It is based on the henna design-- the trinity, the flower, the vines and the pomegranets. It looks great-- my mom is a fabulous visual artist-- and we got it done and it's already hanging in the boys room. This is a significant accomplishment since my first belly cast remained plain and undecorated and basically in the way around the house until we decorated it more than 15 months later.

This is Elias floating in the clouds.


Lindsey and her baby.Lindsey and my baby.

Michael's mom, Carol, stayed with us for several days before the baby was born, and she stayed a few days afterward too. She taught Kindred lots of fun songs and even taught him to count. Yep, my kid counts. As he's putting away toys, he says "Won, too, free, fow, five." He counted the gallons of milk as I was putting them in the fridge today. It's awesome. Carol was a big help. Here she's dancing with Pooh bear.
Michael's dad, Jim, within the past few years has picked up a new vice: cigars. He claims the are for celebrations. So he and Michael shared a celebratory (stinky) cigar a piece to rejoice in the birth.
Don't they look, well, just like men?


My dad, Tom, and my brother Mike came for the weekend to meet Elias and hang out with Kindred. They chilled together outside watching cars and trucks on the curb, one of Kindred's favorite pasttimes.

Dad whispered sweet nothings to Elias as he slept, no doubt making him dream of fishing in the river with his Papap.

Dad and Mike also brought Kindred a new ChooChoo train that works on a remote control that makes all kinds of cool noises and such. Kindred really likes it. Choo Choo.


Here's pictures of a few friends chillin' with the new kiddo.
This is David, the proud uncle.

This is Brooke, snuggling with the papoose.

And this is Jake, anxious to teach Elias to dance.

5 Comments:

At 9/07/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger lara said...

that belly cast is amazing!! do you think you and your mom can help me with mine:)

 
At 9/07/2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be happy to Lara. It won't be long before it will be time.

Moma Chris

 
At 9/08/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Beautiful pics :)

Do you really like the Moby Wrap? I've contemplated getting one.

The belly cast is cool! Done very tastefully and something to treasure always.

 
At 9/08/2006 9:10 PM, Blogger MeesheMama said...

I do really like the wrap. Of course, I've only had it for a few days, but it seems to hold the baby closer than a sling can and it uses the whole of your back. It's only about $36, so it's more affordable than a lot of carriers.

 
At 9/15/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Homestead said...

I love the wrap... I have a basic sling (really... just a giant piece of fabric) that I use all the time but that wrap looks more stable & comfy.

Ideas for baby.... what about the laundry basket... seriously.... can you set the baby in the laundry basket on the counter while you are in the kitchen? I consider my laundry basket a low-tech moses basket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home