On Elias, 14 Months (even though he's 15 months now)
I realized on Elias' 14 month birthday that I haven't written that promised "Elias is one year old" post. (Don't get too upset. I still haven't posted the report of our vacation. From September.) So, since it was just his 15 month birthday 2 days ago (Gah! Could I please catch up??), I am posting the pictures and unfinished post I was planning to share from last month, and I will update both kids' lives soon. So here you go. Elias, 14 months:
Elias has been growing and speeding around. He started walking, practiced for a week or so, then took a week off. Seriously, he only crawled. I thought something was wrong and thought about calling the doctor for a minute. He had a funny limp, and he would take 2 steps then collapse, and I got a little freaked out. But then a good friend told me sometimes their little legs and joints just get tired from so much activity and need a breather. And sure enough, he popped back up this week and hasn't spent hardly any time on his knees. He's even gotten so good that he doesn't have to just think about walking when he's walking. He can think about lots of other things and the walking just happens. He's pretty well balanced, and is working on running. (Mostly away from Kindred.) (Who seems to be pants-less in the following picture. How embarrassing. But don't be distracted. This post is about Elias. No commenting about bums.)
He is a total ham, and loves to entertain us.
His favorite thing for a while was to climb in here, after he'd emptied out the pots and pans onto the floor and into the playroom.
He learned this trick from his good friend, Kadence.
Yeah, you could say we like him...

4 Comments:
dont worry. my guys spent the better part of a year pantless. and i believe you pointed it out every chance you got. i wonder how i shall ever repay your "kindness?"
Happy 15 months Elias! You are a cutie! love Grammie
The milestones just start to snowball, don't they?
He's such a handsome little guy. Does he let Kindred know who's boss?
Little bums are always worth mentioning.
Awwwwww! I can't wait to see him and Kindred in a little over a week! I'm gonna give both adorable kiddos big hugs when I see them ... they probably don't even remember me. *sniff* 2008 needs to be filled with visits up north so that I can see them more often ...
Post a Comment
<< Home