Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Not Ignoring You

I know, OK? I know. It's just that I've been a little busy. And in another state. Oh, and have I mentioned I'm a housing counselor in a housing crisis? Right. So let me fill you in briefly before I go and wash my mud mask off my face because it's going to start burning in a minute.

So it was my 33rd birthday last week. And for my birthday (which was Friday) we had some friends gather on Wednesday at a great Ethiopian restaurant close to my house and we played Apples to Apples. Then we flew to Florida on Thursday night so that my in-laws could vacation for a week in Branson, MO and not have to worry about Grandpa who would be safe in the hands of Michael and my sons. Again, I had another wonderful birthday celebration going to the zoo with Carol and the kids in the morning, where we saw jaguars nurse, alligators get fed, birds land all over people, and rode the train past a day-old oryx. It was a good zoo day. Then Michael and I went out for early dinner at a Thai restaurant and came home to "the yumminess cake of the world and my dreams" that Michael had spent the day making. I returned to Philadelphia myself on Sunday and have been here alone at home all week.

Only I haven't really had much alone time.

I've spent time with people every single night so far. I'm planning on hiding away on Saturday and taking the day for myself, quiet and truly alone, but Sunday is all booked too. Then boys are home on Monday. I haven't had much time to think about missing the boys, and I talk to them twice every day, so it's been a little different than I had imagined. But they are so cute on the phone. Every time I call the first thing they ask is, "Mommy! Are you coming back??" They respond, "I miss you" when I explain that I'm not returning to FL to see them. Elias asked today, "Are you at working?" I miss squeezin' those kids.

So there's an update. We brought the camera on the trip but failed to bring the computer cord so photos will have to appear later. Happy spring bloomin'!

6 Comments:

At 3/13/2009 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see your muddy face on here again. I'm glad you have had such a nice birthday and extended week. There are going to be some happy people come Monday. Love Mom

 
At 3/13/2009 10:51 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Happy belated birthday!! 33 is a good age to be :)

Are you always surprised how different your boys sound on the phone than in person?

I can't tell Bella & Ava apart on the phone. Their voices are so high and little. But it is great fun to hear Ava breathe like a stalker when she is distracted and I'm yapping away.

Glad you had fun socializing! Enjoy hiding out on Saturday!

 
At 3/13/2009 11:04 PM, Blogger Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

happy belated birthday, dahling. enjoy your day tomorrow.

 
At 3/14/2009 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up? Sounds like it is crazy up there... hope you get a little time to yourself today..

lots happenin' here... miss you guys... bri

 
At 3/14/2009 5:49 PM, Blogger lara said...

i mudded my face today. isn't it great. i have to do it when india is sleeping becasue she hates it! thanks for hanging out tonight:)

 
At 3/14/2009 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those boys so-o-o much. Thanks for sharing your hubby and the boys. We had a good vacation, and I enjoyed the boys today, again at the zoo, and tomorrow I'll enjoy them again. They are WONDERFUL!!!!
Love, Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home