Drop the Toothpaste, Ma'am, and Put Your Hands on Your Head
All I have to say is that all these people who are casually accepting this idea of flying without any carry-on luggage at all have never taken a flight with a child. That's all I'm going to say for now.
In other topics, I found these 2 websites. The first is kinda fun. It's called Maternity Gallery. I think it's interesting to look at pictures of women in all shapes and sizes during different stages of their pregnancy. I also love to note that, despite popular belief, a pregnant belly is not perfectly round. Some are absolutely lopsided. (Like mine.)
The second site I found I want to put out there only because I've talked to moms who are unhappy with their body situation post-baby. Their bellies, their breasts, their butts. All this hoopla about celebrity mom-ness makes me want to puke-- these hip be-like-me women who deliver a baby and are back to "star bod" in 2 months. Let's be honest. It either took a lot of surgery or a lot of air-brushing-- nice try, Brittney. However, I want to emphasize that you should not look at this site if you are on your first pregnancy. Second, third, fourth-time moms, have a look. But first-timers, you have enough to fret about and plenty to be thrilled about than to obsess about how your body is going to recover from being over-stretched and over-weight and bruised and so on. Anyway, this site is called The Shape of a Mother, and it is meant to celebrate the bodies of mothers who have been through pregnancy and who have the scars and stretch marks and more to show for it, along with their fabulous children. Parts of it scare me, and parts of it make me feel very proud of how women can get out of bed and function beautifully every day with all the expectations thrown at us about our appearances.
Have a great weekend!

1 Comments:
It really helps that my husband thinks I'm beautiful no matter what because I certainly have those days of feeling far less than sexy, unlike when pregnant the first time.
Dealing with the surprise fat rolls after baby #1 was hard. But I think I'll be better with however my body looks this second time. I'm a mother and that's worth all the blubber and scars!
Post a Comment
<< Home