Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Today is the day...

...that Elias will play with a broom around the house--


--and hopefully get some things clean instead of get himself or anything injured.


...that Kindred will go to school without hesitation or tears (and chow on his PB&J for lunch).


...that after he's done playing with the broom, Elias will stand on the Christmas decorations. And then we will go upstairs and he will entertain himself by running back and forth from the office to his room, "speaking" to me with flailing arms and jibberish and laughter.


...when I will truly and fully appreciate these items by taking a long hot shower, since it's been a week since I've been able to do that in my house:

(Don't worry, I showered elsewhere.) (Once.)

...that Kindred and Elias will tear apart my cupboard and play peekaboo games with each other when Kindred gets home from school.


...when I will try to not think about this most recent pipe leakage, believing that someone will return to fix it tomorrow.


...when I will get excited about the little tree that Kindred and I decorated yesterday with Care*Bears and presents and snowflakes, and not (Ffil, I'm sure you will love this) flags, although he now thinks that flags go on trees that are decorated (thanks to my mother in law and her 4th of July tree). He even kept looking at the snowflake that fits nicely on the top and saying, "Now it's time to put the flag on top!"


And finally, today is the day that I would, if I were you, put in my bid at the Auction for Collaborative Arts, in case you were waiting until the last week. There's only 2 days left and there are a lot of wonderful items that haven't even been bid on yet. You could be that happy winner. So hurry, hurry!

(Sorry about all the auction plugs, but I am the auction coordinator, and besides, making money on this auction really does mean that Michael will get paid to do the things he loves to do, so I'm a fan. And I'm jealous 'cause I can't bid on anything fabulous myself...)

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2007 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meesh,
I'm SO glad to hear that your hot water is working. I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems you've had. =( I think I won your eggs at the auction tho, didn't I? Woo-hoo! Give all the guys hugs for me - I miss you!
Linds

 
At 12/10/2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, we are teaching Kindred the finer things of life...such as a holiday tree for the 4th of July. He is just so smart!!!! Love you guys so very much. Love, Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home