Let the Pictures Begin!
The following post will be narrated, in his gruffest voice, by:
"So, Grandparents, I know yous have been dyin' for some pictures up in this joint, so here are several to occupy yer precious time and meet some of yer needs, spiritually speakin'...
As you all may know, me and my mom and the brotha (e-LY-ussss) went to Florida for a much needed rest. That guy I call Pop-pop came with us on the plane, as we were leavin' Dad behind. Pop-pop did pretty good, apart from the incident that will be referred to as the "Diet Coke Experience". Shudder shudder. But we'll keep that one to ourselves.
Elias (my brother, remember?) found this awesome window in the airport where you could see all the planes and the guys (and ladies) drivin' all those cool trucks. He watched by himself for a while...
As you all may know, me and my mom and the brotha (e-LY-ussss) went to Florida for a much needed rest. That guy I call Pop-pop came with us on the plane, as we were leavin' Dad behind. Pop-pop did pretty good, apart from the incident that will be referred to as the "Diet Coke Experience". Shudder shudder. But we'll keep that one to ourselves.
Elias (my brother, remember?) found this awesome window in the airport where you could see all the planes and the guys (and ladies) drivin' all those cool trucks. He watched by himself for a while...
When we got on the plane, Mama asked if I wanted to listen to some music. I wondered what she meant, because I knew there wasn't a radio in her backpack. But she pulled out this little box thing, and told me she was going to stick something in my ears so I could hear the music. I didn't trust her at first. I know I'm not supposed to stick anything smaller than my elbow in my ear, but I gave her a chance. And what do you know? I heard music! I was so surprised I was afraid to move a muscle. For 10 minutes.
See, here's that Pop-pop guy. He was bein' attentive and stuff to our needs, and doin' his best to keep us occupied on the long flight.
I was pretty happy to see my cousins. I wasn't sure how cool Caden and I were going to be towards each other, me bein' in his space and wantin' to play with all his toys and stuff. But he was an awesome sharer, and we hung out real cool together. Man you should see some of the stuff he's got. I wanted to play with him all the time.
Caden's dad, my Uncle Darren, he's a pretty great guy. He got us all ready and took us over to the beach in this bumpy wagon. I wasn't sure he was going to be a good wagon driver, but I just held on and before I knew it we were at the beach!
Uncle Darren digs big holes in the sand for us to play in, he brings us water to make sand castles, and he finds us lots of shells to collect. And he's real smart, cuz he brings a water bottle to help us wash out our mouths after we succumb to temptation and eat sand even though we know in our heads it tastes yucky. And he's always equipped with wipies for runny noses.
Oh, and this is my other cousin, Brody. He's really cool. He's little like Elias.
What up? This is me in one of my favorite places: the beach. Hanging with my cousins and my cool aunt and uncle. Drinkin' a juice. Yeah, man. Nothin' better.
OK, so in this next picture you can see me and my mom and Elias chillin'. (I'm not sure why mom let me run around with no pants on! I thought I looked awesome, but now that I see these pictures, I am wondering why my dear mother didn't stop me. Or at least say something. Mo-ooooom! A diaper and sandals just ain't cool. Even if the diaper has Spider Man on the front.)
At one point in the day, Caden got on my nerves...
Instead, I decided to have me a sit in the waves.
Then build some stuff with that lady I call GaGa in the sand.
Now you may realize that this was Elias' very first time to the beach. I know it can be an overwhelmin' experience. I remember those days then I was small and scared of all that stuff. So, you may be wonderin' how he handled himself. I'll show yous.
He started out a little apprehensive, but ready.
He didn't like the water. Too loud.
He didn't like the sand, too uncomfortable.
He, uh, well he didn't really like it.
Anyway, so the next day we said goodbye to the ocean and said hello to the pool. I had a lot of fun in the pool, even though I'm truly a beach bum.
Big Pop-Pop watched us from the dry sidelines.
So, ya know, it was a pretty good trip. I didn't get as much sleep as I might have needed, and neither did Elias, so Mama didn't get very much at all, especially in the beginning of the trip. But I think she'd say it was worth it to spend some quality time with the family.
This is Rocco, signing off. Peace out."

6 Comments:
This is the funniest thing you've ever written. Ever.
I'm lucky you let me sleep next to you...
Love
I just laughed so hard I woke Kadence up. And he's on a different floor.
You are fantastic, and I'm glad you had fun even though you didn't get a lot of sleep.
Talk to you soon!
-Erika
Kindred, you write so well. Let's go Mets!!! Love, GaGa
Lookin' nice and svelte in your swimsuit, MeesheMama!
Oh how absolutely ingenious and adorable. Love it.
Yo Rocco,
Glad you had a great trip! =) Thanks for the pictures. Later, gator.
Post a Comment
<< Home